QUILT INFO

Liberty Houses is shown in the header picture. It is a Jan Patek pattern in her book "Liberty Garden".

Friday, July 14, 2017

Moon and Stars and More

Though I still have one more block to stitch for the Shenandoah Botanical quilt, I did the "Moon and Stars" block which, in order, was the final block.  I have been hesitating on one block as I felt it was so much like a previous block that I did not find fun to stitch.  The pattern has three identical pineapple blocks done in different colors.  I have decided to do a fourth and use them in the four corners of the quilt.  Here is this month's block.


I did the machine stitching on a few more Noah and Matilda blocks.  I now have 25 blocks completed.








The background fabric for the blocks is all the same though it looks different in the photos.  They were taken at different times of the day.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Karen

12 comments:

  1. dear karen, how lovely!!!happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blocks and I think the first one would be beautiful as corner blocks.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to love in this post, starting with your refreshing Summer header quilt! Very sweet.
    Really love the rainbow block.
    The layered red flowers caught my eye, and the flowers in the next block appear tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been really busy. I like the idea of the four pineapple blocks in the corners of the SVBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blocks--I like the 4 corner idea too hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rainbow and stars really sparkle on the brown background.
    Love your Noah and Matilda blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the blocks are wonderful, but the rainbow block is really striking--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Rainbow block - your quilt is going to be amazing!
    Wonderful to see you back to working on Noah & Matilda. Your color/fabric choices are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure are a busy appliquer. The moon and stars block is very cheerful. That's going to be an amazing quilt. I still admire your header block. I think it's partly because the pattern is so sweet. But, I've decided that I love it because of the fabrics used too. I recognize many of them and still am enamored by them. In fact, I wish I still had some of them like the blue floral in the HST.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen todos los lo que son bonitos
    Mi preferido lunas estrellas y arco iris

    ReplyDelete